Friday, January 8, 2010

'Pineapple Upside Down Cake' funny story...




Since I ship glass orders on an almost daily basis, over time I have become friends with most of the postal employees at my local post office. When I heard that two of the workers, Dave...and Dave were retiring, I immediately wanted to make a cake for their goodbye party for them on their last day of work.


I made what I always make, what's always requested...my world famous (in my own mind), 'Pineapple Upside Down Cake'. Seriously. That's what everyone always asks me to bring... :)


Anyway, that morning I got up early and made the cake. All went according to plan. I dropped the still warm cake off at the post office, and then went to my store. A good day...


Later that afternoon, Dave comes walking in and hands me my cookie sheet. Sweetheart that he is, he's profusely thanking me for making the cake and making me feel good.


Finally, I asked him, "So, how did everyone like the cake?


"Oh, they didn't get any of the cake. I've got it out in my car...'


Hahaha....

Click here for the free recipe for my 'Pineapple Upside Down Cake' :)



No comments: